Figuring out the reasons for cloud migration on your own is generally very time consuming, as it involves various parameters to consider, some of them are:
- Increasing traffic that demands scaling of application with no downtime
- Reducing cost of infrastructure managed in-house
- Ever increasing storage needs with business expansion
- Managing widely distributed development teams
- Better resiliency with appropriate disaster recovery plan
- Seamless upgrade of system resources with minimal down-time
- Shifting IT expenditure to pay-as-you-go model to handle CapEx and OpEx better
- And more…
We are geared up to provide right solution by assessing your organization’s digital assets, services, IT resources and/or applications. Visit out Cloud Consulting offering for details.
A few steps to help assessing your needs better...
Conduct Application Discovery Workshop: A very critical step to list down all the applications, their availability requirements, their business criticality and their inter dependencies with other applications
Workloads identification: More precisely to identify current business operating workloads and provision to scale over the cloud to meet your service demands effectively.
- Application Assessment – in collaboration with your development team, an assessment of in-house applications will be carried out, which includes, application design complexities, integration complexities, host operating systems, databases etc.
- Network architecture includes hardware (e.g., servers, storage, and networking), software, connectivity, communication protocols and the mode of transmission, such as wired (LAN) or wireless (WAN), security/firewall need to be assessed.
Risk Assessment: Among many risk, few are outlined here, i.e.
- Handling sensitive data over cloud,
- Legal obligations moving proprietary software to cloud
- Latency consideration while accessing application over internet
- Identify changes needed to host in a distributed cloud environment
Cost Benefit Analysis: of proposed solutions is one of the key decision factor. It would highlight the benefits of moving to cloud environment based on current CapEx and OpeEx
Proof of Concepts: One of the important steps before starting the project. It helps us validate solution approach, assumptions and implementation challenges